IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA AWARDED FAMILY-FRIENDLY COMPANY CERTIFICATION
The Fundación + Familia charity recognises the companys efforts to help its employees balance their work and personal lives
- The companys CEO, Alberto Sucre, received the certificate today from Juan Carlos Mato, Director General for Social Policy, Families and Children.
- The certificate recognises IBERDROLA INGENIERÍAs policies to promote work-life balance, together with the general focus of its business model
IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA today received its certification as a Family-Friendly Company, according to Standard 1000-1 version 2, awarded by the Fundación + Familia charity and backed by the Ministry of Health Care and Social Policies.
The companys CEO, Alberto Sucre, received the certificate today from Juan Carlos Mato, Director General for Social Policies, Families and Children at a ceremony held this morning at the Ministrys offices.
The certificate has been awarded in recognition of IBERDROLA INGENIERÍAs policies to promote work-life balance, together with the general focus of its business model.
Family-Friendly Company certification is presented to those companies that make the greatest contribution to helping their employees balance their work and personal lives, evaluating a range of factors such as job stability, flexible working hours, support for integration and the family, and equality of opportunities.
This new management standard for companies and public organisations was introduced by the Fundación + Familia charity in 2005. During the certification process, IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA was particularly commended for the well-structured and documented system it has in place to comply with the standards many requirements.
The following measures to balance pregnancy and child-care needs with those of developing a successful career were especially noted:
- A fortnights paid leave before the expected date of childbirth.
- Flexible, voluntary reduction in the work day to five hours per day until the employees children reach the age of one year, without this affecting basic pay.
- Voluntary reduction in working hours for employees with children under the age of 10 years, rather than the legal limit of eight years, or with a physical, mental or sensory disability, with a proportional reduction in salary of no more than 50% of full pay.
The certification recognises IBERDROLA INGENIERÍAs efforts to encourage gender equality with more women progressively being employed in senior positions. Women currently make up 30% of the company's 2,500-strong workforce, the average age of which is 36 years.
The certification is based on an external audit of the processes and results of the company's family-friendly policies and measures. Companies that meet its requirements receive a Family-Friendly Company certificate that is valid for three years. Further annual audits are carried out during this time to ensure improvements continue to be made, allowing the certification to be renewed.
To ensure that its contribution to society is sustainable over time, IBERDROLA INGENIERÍA is aware of the need to integrate corporate sustainability criteria into its strategy, including measures to encourage work-life balance such as flexibility policies, help and support during and after pregnancy, etc.