IBERDROLA LAUNCHES CORPORATE BLOG TO SHARE COMPANY NEWS THROUGHOUT THE WORLD
As part of the company's commitment to social networks and new channels of communication
- The Group's new channel has five categories: Chairman, Innovation, Renewables and Sustainability, Social environment and News
- Ignacio Galán inaugurates the blog with an article about his professional career in which he discusses the economic situation and prospects for young people
Iberdrola has launched a bilingual corporate blog (www.blog.iberdrola.com
) to share company news throughout the world and offer new perspectives on the company's projects and initiatives.
The Iberdrola Blog is divided into five categories that will be periodically updated: Chairman, Innovation, Renewables and Sustainability, Social environment and News Article authors will reflect the diversity of a business group that operates in dozens of countries.
This new channel of communication launches today with an article by the chairman of the Group, Ignacio Galán, who provides a personal point of view on his professional career and the role that Iberdrola can play in an adverse time such as the present. He also expresses his opinion on the economic situation and the prospects for young people.
Blog entries are also being published today in the four other categories:
- Innovation: Welcome to Iberdrola's Innovation Blog
- Renewables and Sustainability: Why isn't the summer the summer anymore and why isn't it cold in winter?
- Social environment: Why am I driving an electric car?
- News: How energy reaches the home.
Iberdrola's aim is to boost its presence in the new digital communication channels in order to build closer ties with all groups interested in its activity, foster transparency of information and promote interaction and dialogue with its stakeholders.
The launch of the Iberdrola Blog follows the expansion of the company's presence in social networks, an effort that will be built on through new projects rolled out in the coming months. Specifically, the company has corporate profiles in Twitter (@iberdrola in Spanish and @iberdrola_En in English), Facebook, Slideshare, Flickr, YouTube and Linkedin, in addition to customer service channels in Twitter in both Spain (@TuIberdrola) and the UK (@SP_EnergyPeople).
In addition to the above, the company has also made significant improvements to its website, where media professionals have access to a space called Multimedia Profesionales which is specifically designed to facilitate their work.